The Commonwealth of Massachusetts’s Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) is currently hiring for position of CROSSING GUARD in Everett.
Crossing Guards are part-time civilian personnel and must be at least 18 years old. They are responsible for assisting students and other pedestrians to safely cross DCR roadways by controlling vehicular traffic.
The ideal candidate must:
· Be able to work well with others and communicate effectively.
· Provide their own transportation to and from the crossing location.
· Report to their post on schedule and remain there for the required length of time.
· Be visible to the public during school crossing times.
· Be properly attired at all times. (Basic uniform items are provided by the DCR.)
· Adhere to the proper procedures of crossing pedestrians.
· Work in adverse weather conditions.
· Stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
Crossing Guard coverage at this location is 7:00-8:00am and 2:00-3:00pm (10 hours/week) on days when school is in session.
Training and uniform will be provided.
All candidates for the position of Crossing Guard will be required to submit to CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) and SORI (Sex Offender Record Information) background checks prior to their first day of employment.
All Crossing Guards are hired as Contract Employees. Starting salary is $12/hour with pay increases annually.
To apply for this position, please call 617-626-1421 and leave a voice message with your name, address and phone number, or send resume via email to email@example.com.